Need Password when re-using old modem

pippinmac 13:37 07 Jul 09

The modem on our church computer packed up this morning. I had an old Speedtouch which I took along but the installation disk is asking for a password and unfortunately I have forgotten it and it is not in my Keychain. Anyway round this??

malgall 21:02 07 Jul 09

there is normally a way to return the modem to factory settings and this will reset password
due you have the instructions

baldydave 21:39 07 Jul 09

Hi,
do you mean a usb speedtouch,a little black or silver unit with two green lights?
If so is the password you need to enable you to connect to the internet?
It will probaly be user name a email address such as [email protected] and then a password,if so you will probably have to ring your internet service provider(isp)to find out what it is or get it reset
Is it like this
click here

pippinmac 23:09 07 Jul 09

It is a Speedtouch 500 I think. My daughter took it along to the church. Thank you all for your help, which has brought back memories of the password I used with the machine. I no longer use the same ISP but they were always very helpful so perhaps I can contact them. I am female, and nearly 80 so that might pull a few heart strings!!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…