Need to partition ex.H.Drive please?

buel 20:38 03 Nov 09

Hi, i want to use Acronis to make an image of the whole hard drive of my gf's laptop but the external hard drive i want to use has data on it and Acronis tells me that unless i make a partition on the external hard drive the image may wipe the existing data on there. please can anyone give me some advice on how to make such a partition?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 20:44 03 Nov 09

What op system? if XP you will need third party software, if Vista you can do it in disk management.

buel 20:54 03 Nov 09

Hi, Vista but the 'shrink' option is greyed out??

buel 22:32 03 Nov 09

Bump?

Quiller. 22:41 03 Nov 09

Create a folder on gf's laptop. Copy and paste all date from external hard drive to folder.

Open disk management and delete the external drives partition. Right click the unallocated space on the external drive and make a new partition but smaller. Partition the rest of the drive to the sizes you want.

Then transfer gf's data from the folder back to the smaller partition.

BRYNIT 23:03 03 Nov 09

You could try Paragon Partition Manager 10 click here

Unless Acronis has changed when I used Acronis to backup my hard drive you could put the backup files into a folder on any partition, it would create several tib files and it did not change the hard drive.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Best iMovie for Mac tips 2017 | How to edit video with iMovie: 26 brilliant video editing tricks…