Need the NIC to take connections from the WAN port

Congree 10:06 27 Apr 07

Hey guys, I'll cut to the chase... I have a Wii, a Linksys WRT54G v5.0 wireless router, Windows XP x64, and a Linksys WUSB54G v4 wireless adapter.

The main idea is to connect my Wii to the internet, but my roomys aren't being very nice (to put it litely) so I'm using my Wireless adapter (via some rt2500 drivers) to leach off a neighbor's wireless. I want to be able to connect the router to my PC (using the NIC would be easiest I assume) so that my Wii can connect to the router to get it online.

Trust me I've tried just connecting with the Wii to the neighbor's network but it won't connect for whatever reason. I believe I need to set up a network bridge or internet connection sharing but I'm running into a snag there too... the neighbor's gateway is 192.168.0.1 which is the same one use by connection sharing so it conflicts and won't let me.

Here's a little diagram incase you're confused...

... = Wireless connection
___ = Wired connection

(Neighbor)...(Wireless)__(x64)__(Wireless)...(Wii)
(Internet) (Adapter ) (PC ) (Router )

Currently, everything up from the Internet to my PC works fine, so mainly it's just getting the router & my NIC configured properly.

Thanks in advance for any assistance!
~Congree

irishrapter 14:05 27 Apr 07

By using the word "leech" I assume you do not have your neighbours permission to access their wireless network???

If you dont then I would not expect much help on this forum as you are committing an illegal act.

I appoligse if I have miss-understood you.

Congree 18:40 27 Apr 07

I guess barrow would be a better term but mainly my neighbor is the local Panara Bread store that has free WiFi access.

setecio 10:56 28 Apr 07

Go to the bread store, tell them what you intend to do, and ask them for the wifi password to get onto the network. They may need to allow your MAC address if they use MAC filtering.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…