Need new web hosting

_BIG_DAVA_ 10:10 23 Sep 03

About a week ago i decided that i was going to make a website (click here) with my webspace which i haven't used for a while and it has turned out to be really popular getting 5000 hits in 1 week, the only problem is that it also took up all 3gb of bandwidth from my oneandone home package

so, after some calculations i figured that if i wanted to have a website up without extra bandwidth cost i would need roughly 15gb but unfortunatly i want to do more with my website so i set a target of 20gb and about 500mb webspace with mysql, php, etc...

i was wandering what suggestions you guys have as i have two people who i am sort of friends with on the net who do webhosting but one of them is about 16 years old and the other doesn't seem to come online. i would prefer it if the hosting didn't cost over £20

_BIG_DAVA_ 10:14 23 Sep 03

i would also prefer it to allow more than 1 domain name too

HighTower 12:32 23 Sep 03

When you say £20 do you mean per month or per year?

Taran 13:03 23 Sep 03

I was wondering that myself.

I was also curious how you managed 5000 hits in a week when you only just decided to publish the site.

1&1 should be able to offer a bandwidth top up for you, at a cost of course.

You could also cut the size of the Flash files you use. Your main Badger flash file is a shade under half a meg. Do some maths and work out for yourself how many page hits would break your bandwidth allowance, and that's for just one file, not including the page it is embedded in.

egarding extra domains, you can normall arrange web forwarding for any address you own to point to a site of your choice, or are you referring to subwebs, where you run multiple sites from one hosting package ?

: : Radioactive Frog : : 20:33 24 Sep 03

try out click here

i use them and they are very helpful

Martin86 22:39 24 Sep 03

Did you make that badger animation? I've seen it elsewhere.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…