Need a new satellite tuner

OTT_Buzzard 21:19 17 Oct 09

I need a new sattelite tuner for my media center as I've just had to RMA my last one.

Can anyone recommend either:

A low profile PCI / PCIe S2 tuner (this is my first choice, but am not sure such an animal even exists). Twin LNB would be a bonus. or

An external S2 tuner, again, twin LNB is a bonus.

Cost is not a huge issue, but i'd like not to have to remortgage the house (ok, preferably less than £100). In either case, it does need to be S2 standard since I don't want to have to replace it anytime soon.

Thanks for any suggestions :)

OTT_B

woodchip 21:47 17 Oct 09

don't think you can get one for a pc

woodchip 21:56 17 Oct 09

If you have a Card for Makro warehouse they have a Comag HD Freesat for about £120 plus vat This is the complete kit including dish and lnb etc

This the None HD, its cheaper click here

OTT_Buzzard 22:11 17 Oct 09

You can certainly get S2 tuners for the PC (e.g. click here), i've just never seen one that's low profile PCI(e).

I don't have a lot of experience in tuners, hence asking for recommendations for, well, anything that meets the spec above!

I don't need the dish - just the tuner. Although me and the missus were talking about 'briefcase' type satellite dishes today...what exciting conversations we have!

Stuartli 00:56 18 Oct 09

There are low profile PCI-e tuners for computers, such as:

click here (digital though)

This is a quad tuner PCI model:

click here (supposed to be available in AGP or PCI-e form)

or Twinhan:

click here

click here

e-Bay:

click here

This company is seeking partners, but might be prepared to send one (!):

click here

Lists card's manufacturer, so might be worth contacting.

USB type:

click here

Stuartli 01:05 18 Oct 09
  OTT_Buzzard 11:11 18 Oct 09

Great set of links. Thank you!

Looks like the low profile S2 cards are ten to a penny.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

New MacBook Pro 2017 release date, UK price and tech specs: Kaby Lake MacBook Pro to launch in…