need new phone line to router

rossol 19:10 20 Apr 05

i have a 36 feet/11 metres phone line extension which has to be dismantled when finnished with which has caused the line to lose it connectivty so need a thicker line,copper based any ideas

woodchip 22:37 20 Apr 05

Well I use one I made my self. I think the cable came from Wicks years ago. 4 Wire Telephone cable flexible type. It is about 130ft long as long house and back bedroom I put the Bt line on 2 wires and the BB on the other 2 no probs at all Filter near door that's it three phones and a bell connected Extensions all over the house. When I first got the BB modem I just connected to normal phone wire 130ft long with filter at comp end but was getting crackling on phone

Praxis99 22:53 20 Apr 05

I used a 10m belkin extension for the last 2 yrs or more for my BB connection, no issues with it, does exactly what it says on the tin.

rossol 17:52 21 Apr 05

Thanks guys for the help will try 10m belkin extension

Yoda Knight 17:54 21 Apr 05

Ask any cable guy (NTL or Telewest), they shouldnt mind giving you a few meters

wiz-king 18:12 21 Apr 05

You might have 6000 meters of thin copper wire between you and the exchange! The wire in a normal phone extention cable is almost the same thickness as exchange cables, next time you see a BT man working in a cab have a look.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Microsoft Surface PC release date, price and specs: All-in-one Surface PC to directly rival iMac

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

Apple's event invitations decoded: A look back at 16 of Apple's most cryptic invites | Clues in…