Need a new PC - Any recommendations i.e. Advent 64

DonnyB 19:51 02 Jan 05

Getting conflicting comments about this PC World offer...anyone with any knowledge of it pse?

JIM 20:51 02 Jan 05

We are not ignoring you i expect no one is around who has that system or can comment on it at this time.I did have a look at the PC World web site to see if i could put forward an opinion but it is not advertised as such.

Did find an old PC World web page which showed the model and though it looked impressive i thought a tad expensive for the components inside the case.If the link works you may see what was on offer.

For that sort of money you could do better and we may be able to guide you in a direction.

Not at all anti PC World.

Jim.

click here

Dragon Heart 00:15 03 Jan 05

Aldi do a PC deal every six months or so (next one is due about April time). Their MEDION systems are great, all the latest bits plus a FREE 3 year on site warranty !

I can not recommend PC World as from personal experience I have had several problems with both equipment and staff.

Aldi currently have a deal on for a

Lap Top £799.99
• Intel® Pentium® M processor 735(1.7Ghz)
• Multi Format DVD Burner DVD–+ R/RW
• Intel PRO/WIRELESS LAN 2200 b/g
• ATI Mobility Radeon 9700 with 128MB
• High resolution 15.1" SXGA+ Display
• 80 GB Hard disk
• 512 MB DDR RAM 333MHz
• 4 in 1 Card Reader
• Soundsystem
• 2 internal speakers, internal
• microphone connection
• 3x USB 2.0,
• Firewire IEEE1394
• VGA-Out, Mic-In, Line-Out,
• TV-Out (s-video)
• 56k Modem V.90 and fast ethernet 10/100Mbit LAN (includes telephone cable)
• Battery: Smart Li-Ion battery (8 cells)

DonnyB 19:46 03 Jan 05

Tks v.m. Jim and Dragon Heart.....I have much to learn....
DonnyB

SurfMonkey _#:@}™ 19:53 03 Jan 05

if you give Dell pc`s a phone call on the last wenesday in the month if they have not met there sales quotas you can get one hell of a bargin i.e top spec half the price (hush hush like )

JIM 20:18 03 Jan 05

Sorry DonnyB hope you dont mind me asking SurfMonkey if i can hold him to that.(hush hush like ) ;0)

I know you have closed this thread,(dont know about other thread)but if you need any links or suggestions for systems etc just let all know. It's a good time to go for a bargain/good spec/prices for the next month or so.Dont forget the PC Advisor top ten chart.

click here

diljitsinghji 17:29 07 Jan 05

Is surfmonkey right about last minute deals by Dell. Can anyone throw any light on this offer?

SurfMonkey _#:@}™ 13:56 08 Jan 05

I got this info from a a freind who apparrently got this deal from some one at dell but I will deny all knollage of this if I am asked

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…