Need a network

Napalmb 09:31 02 Apr 03

Im setting up my first major network for a company with 14 PCs. I need a network wot wud u say is best to use fibre optic or wireless and wot type of network. They download big files of 4-6Gbs shud i tell them to upgrade to DVD-rw rather than CD-RW ohh i have a budget of aroung £30k

Napalmb 09:34 02 Apr 03

they also have 4 networkable printers

Squall 10:09 02 Apr 03

What do the pc's run, and what operating systems are you familar with?

If you want to base it all on Windows, (which is the easiest) I would say you need to get a server out of your budget, and use it for file and print sharing.(I wouldn't recommend a peer to peer network)I would recommed that you go with a standard ethernet network, using RJ45 cables. Whether or not you go for 100mb ethernet, or Gigabit ethernet is up to you and your budget, though I would say that 100mb should be enough for the amount of PC's that you are talking about at the minute. (Just remember to take into account planned future growth).

Napalmb 10:35 02 Apr 03

all of the computers are running windows xp pro
specs:P4 2GHz, 512RAM, CD-RW, NO NICs
but the MD of company says the network will need to be as fast but as cost efficent as poss

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…