Need more power.... question !!!

Pcloe 01:25 20 Feb 03

Hello. I have a 300w PSU but i have run out of power can you tell me that if i get an upgrade to 400w or 550w that there will be more power cables coming from the main puply unit. Thanks, i know that this is kinda a dumb question but i need to make sure before i buy.

DieSse 01:32 20 Feb 03

The number of connectors does vary, but the only way to know how many are on a particular model, is to look at the spec, or ask, before buying,

In any case you can get extra splitter cables to give you more connectors. This may be all you need with your existing supply(?)

grove34 01:32 20 Feb 03

what do you mean by more cables?

Pcloe 01:35 20 Feb 03

what i mean is, are there more power cables coming from the supply unit. Say maybe on a 300w PSU there are four cables supplying power to various drives or on a 400w PSU there may be 5 or 6 cables...

grove34 09:04 20 Feb 03

if you buy a 550w psu made by QTEC then you'll have more cables than you'll probably ever need.

DieSse 09:35 20 Feb 03

And what I mean is, it varies from PSU to PSU. It's not really anything to do with the power rating - though higher wattage models are more likely to have more cables. The only real way is to find out about the specific model you want to purchase.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Apple Event live stream | Apple October Event live blog: Watch Apple unveil new MacBook Pro, new…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Lida designs a cross-stitch email sent to thousands of Ikea Family members

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: Faster performance, a brighter screen, water-ret…