need more camera advice!

the old man 17:37 27 Jun 04

Kodak EasyShare DX6340
Is the above any good and is £128 a good price for it?

Indigo 1 17:51 27 Jun 04

I take it you have read a good review click here

In my humble opinion any 3Mp camera with this range of specs can't be bad. But you need to ask if you will need all of them or if there are any specifications that this camera has that will be useful to you.

Also, are you willing to part with that much money ?

Can you get it cheaper elsewhere ?

Can you get different one cheaper with all the features that you need or want ?

pj123 17:56 27 Jun 04

click here and scroll down.

Totally-braindead 18:15 27 Jun 04

It seems a good price to me, I just bought a new camera last week eventually decided on the Pentax Optio 33LF, number 3 in the PC Advisor charts, price quoted £230 in the mag but I got it from Amazon.co.uk for £99, bit of a bargain I thought but haven't got it yet so we'll see if I like it.

the old man 18:28 27 Jun 04

Totally-braindead
just used to link and used optio 33lf is £128 with new @ £179. How did you manage to get it for 99 quids.

nick_j007 18:39 27 Jun 04

Also,

at 2MP there is an Olympus CZ-220 three times zoom on sale at click here for £80! Mine was £170 over a year ago. A nice little point and shoot.

The actual link is here:
click here

Get your memory and rechargeable batteries here click here

You may want more in a camera than what the Olympus offers. Good luck.

Nick

Steve Le 19:06 27 Jun 04

We've got two DX6340s in work. I've used one extensively on a large project which has required over 200 pictures.

I found it very easy to use. Pictures printed up to A4 are very clear and good enough to put into the finished report.I would say that the quality was better than my 2 megapixel Fuji (but that's 3 years old)

Not sure what we paid for them but I think it was more than £128.

However if I was buying one for myself I'd check the latest photo magazines because the Spec for digital cameras is getting better all the time.

Totally-braindead 22:36 29 Jun 04

I got my camera today and I'm well pleased, got it from Amazon.co.uk "the old man". Seems they're doing some sort of special on it. Eats through batteries but all digi cameras do that, 3 megapixel 3x optical zoom very happy. Takes great pics from what I've seen so far, bought a 128mb SDcard at same time as well as a digi camera bag total cost £127.21 for the three items, chose free P&P and that was sloooow. Away to 7dayshop.com as they do cheap batteries. PS watch if you decide to buy a camera from 7dayshop if you end up looking there, looks like a fantastic deal at first look and nearly bought one but if you look on their FAQ page they're not liable for any TAXES to the UK. And the cameras are definatly above the limit you're allowed before tax, if the taxmen grab it you can add at least another £50 on top of the price you pay.

the old man 23:35 29 Jun 04

many thanks especially Totally-braindead who has convinced me to go for the £99 quid bargain. convincing the wife i need a new camera will prove more difficult.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the future of TV, VR and holograms

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…