need a modem for a non usb wireless router

simo3006 19:02 19 Dec 05

I have recently bought a wireless router but when it arrived i found it did not have a usb port were can i find a adsl modem which is not usb.i think this is the way its supposed to connect if not could you let me no what im doing wrong please!!

keewaa 19:40 19 Dec 05

It sounds like you have bought a wireless router instead of an adsl wireless router. If you have adsl (BT, wanadoo, tiscali etc) you need an adsl router to replace the usb modem, as it has an adsl modem built into it.

If you have cable (instead of adsl, eg NTL, telewest), then you need a wireless router without the adsl modem part.

If you say who your broadband supplier is, and what make/model of wireless router you have, we can confirm.

simo3006 19:50 19 Dec 05

my bb is through kingston communications and the router is a parkervision wr 1500 wireless 4port dsl/cable router cheers

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…