Need a little favour

J B 16:06 04 Jan 06

Has anyone out there recently purchased an HP printer that came with HP Image Zone 5 software? If by chance you do would it be possible to borrow the software so I could download it onto my computer. The reason for this is that when I was having a cleanout I some how either misplaced, or put it in the circular file. In any event, if someone can help it would be appreciated very much. Thanks for listening. J.B.

SG Atlantis® 16:07 04 Jan 06

How about emailing HP?

Forum Editor 16:09 04 Jan 06

from the HP site:-

click here

cheechman 16:10 04 Jan 06

I've just bought a HP Photosmart Printer not sure which software is with it but I'm quite happy to get a copy for you. I'll check when I get home.

J B 17:46 04 Jan 06

Cheechman; Thanks for the offer, Let me know how you get on.

Forum Editor; I already have the software you are talking about, what I am looking for is HP image Zone 5.0. This is the fully featured software version. not the free download. Thanks for the help. J.B.

Halmer 17:55 04 Jan 06

I've just bought a HP Photosmart 2570 with that software if you get stuck.

J B 18:06 04 Jan 06

Halmer; If Cheechman can't help How can I get in contact with you to borrow the software? J.B.

Forum Editor 18:24 04 Jan 06

I was told that my link was the one for Image Zone 5 - which it is. I didn't realise that there were two versions.

In fact, you might want to take a look at something even better. Google have a free download called 'Picasa', which is without doubt one of the best free image management applications I've ever seen. You can download direct from your camera, and manipulate the images in a number of ways. There are manual and automatic 'fix' tools, and there's a facility to write auto-run image albums to CD. You can email or print images, order prints online, and lots more. Go to Google and look for Picasa - you've nothing to lose

J B 18:40 04 Jan 06

Forum editor; All that I have read about picasa is that it hogs a lot of memory by default, and takes even more with each use, plus the fact that it deposits all sorts of files on the system. I don't disagree with you about the merits of the program, but with only 512mb of memory I need something that uses less resources. I would upgrade memory in a heartbeat but manufactures warranty says no till 2007 which I think is a bit strange. By the way my computer is a laptop. J.B.

Halmer 19:20 04 Jan 06

Mail me through the little yellow envelope and we can sort something. I'm assuming that I'm not breaching any copyright or anything or invalidating my registration? Just wondered.

I'll help as much as I can such as burning and posting you a copy.

Rob

Stuartli 19:48 04 Jan 06

I use Picassa2 - superb - and I only have 256MB of RAM...:-)

I've never come across any other references to Picasa on my system other than the software itself.

By the way, your laptop is your property and I really can't see why any supplier would invalidate its warranty if you added additional memory.

Why not contact the supplier and seek its views on the matter?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Best Design, Illustration, Animation and VFX Awards of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced