Need a laptop

JoeBloggs1955 14:50 PM 26 Jul 11

I need a new laptop, and ive told to go on this site...

any good?

The Kestrel 15:14 PM 26 Jul 11

There are lots of forum members here with experience of purchasing laptops. If you tell us what you what the laptop to be capable of and how large a budget you have, I'm sure you will get some informed recommendations.

JoeBloggs1955 15:16 PM 26 Jul 11

cool. im pretty inexperienced with laptops and computer. i want something that is a good alround, for around £600... for uni next year!

northumbria61 15:17 PM 26 Jul 11

You will get better advice on here if you state your requirements and budget!

birdface 15:18 PM 26 Jul 11

No security clearance from WOT or Avast and only a mobile phone nunber and an e-mail address to get in contact with them.

If I had to choose I would look elsewhere.

Looks like you have already posted elsewhere.

Posted 26 minutes ago at 2:48PM

great site which can give really good details and personalised recommendations :)

As it is your second post and you already recommend the above site I would class this as spam.

northumbria61 15:20 PM 26 Jul 11

Click on "Reviews" at top of this page and look under Laptops - a good starting point!

JoeBloggs1955 15:44 PM 26 Jul 11

not a spammer... i saw an ad on facebook about it today and it felt appropriate to reccomend it to someone. i wasnt sure myself hence why i asked on here.

are acer laptops meant to be any good?

Nontek 15:54 PM 26 Jul 11

I strongly recommend Novatech ...

northumbria61 17:01 PM 27 Jul 11

"are acer laptops meant to be any good?"

Well we have 3 it total in the family, one of which is 8yrs old and still going strong. They are a big manufacturer and up there with the best!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Vaio Z Canvas release date, price and specs: Another Surface Pro rival but for the US

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Steve Albini's notorious email is now a punchy music video

Live Photo tips: How to take Live Photos on the iPhone 6s, how to view, share, edit and find Live…