Need instructions for Ashampoo Burning Studio FREE 1.14.5

FuchsiaEast 19:18 03 Jul 14

I'm really good at following instructions, but figuring them out on my own, not so much. I installed Ashampoo Burning Studio FREE 1.14.5 today and have searched like crazy for instructions on how to get it to do what I need it to do, all to no avail. There are few instructions and those are for older versions, so I get lost very early on. Does anyone have links to instructions I could use? Thank you!

Nontek 20:13 03 Jul 14

Have you had a look on the A Shampoo website?

FuchsiaEast 06:36 04 Jul 14

Yes, of course, that's the first place I checked. All they have are FAQs. I need step-by-step directions on how to burn video clips to a DVD.

Woolwell 09:07 04 Jul 14

What happens when with the program open you press F1? Does it open a help file?

I haven't used Ashampoo for a while but it is one of the easier programs to use.

FuchsiaEast 11:08 04 Jul 14

Thank you so much, Woolwell! It never occurred to me to click on F1; it's the first time I ever heard of doing that, and it's a good thing to know for future reference with other programs.

I already checked it out, and it looks like just what I need. The only thing is that I have to provide things I don't know how to make, such as VIDEO_TS, which is a required file within a file to burn a Video DVD. I've noticed this in videos I've burned in Real Player Plus, but RPP provides it in its program, so I never had to learn how to use it. To be honest, if RPP didn't always give me so many problems, I'd still be using it. However, after years of one problem after another with it and constantly having to speak to their reps (many of whom can barely speak English, making the problem that much more frustrating) who often don't have the answer and I have to go through one rep after another to get it fixed (it's invariably a problem with their software), I've decided to seek out an alternative.

Again, thank you for your help. If you or anyone else can help me with the VIDEO_TS problem, I'd appreciate it.--Bountifully, Fuchsia

Ian in Northampton 11:54 04 Jul 14

While modern DVD players will play all manner of files, there is only one video format that pretty much all DVD players are guaranteed to play, and that's videots (and audiots) files. What you need to do is to take your source file - mp4, avi or whatever - and find software that will undertake the relevant conversion. Just Google "convert [your file type] to video_ts" and hopefully you'll find a free converter

Woolwell 13:29 04 Jul 14

You may well find that then you open the folder which holds the video that you want to burn that video-ts is already there.

FuchsiaEast 05:11 05 Jul 14

First, let me thank everybody for replying. It's much appreciated!

Ian: I have Format Factory which I've used many times to convert files with which I had trouble on RPP. Converting them, however, loses some of the video quality. I just checked it, and while it has many formats for converting, videots is not included. I Googled convert MP4 to videots and found a ton of info to help me. When I finish plowing through it (DVD Video Soft Freeware looks very promising for many of my needs, and the Convert Video to DVD looks simple and has a videots button at the end 1">[click here I'll report the results when I'm done.

Lazarus, thank you for the links. I'll check them out and get back to you.

Woolwell, as I check more and more video to DVD converters, I'm discovering many do provide that option.

I really hate having to take the time to learn yet another program, but if it works better than what I've been using, it's worth it. Thank you all!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation technologies coming to Siggraph 2017

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5