Need help/advice in choosing a laptop to buy

kshme 22:09 05 Jun 05

I need a laptop to check on an ebay acct and to send/recv email. I'll be traveling frequently on motorcycle to rural areas. I plan on getting an EDGE or GPRS pc card through my cellular provider for connectivity. Naturally, I would like to spend the smallest amount possible, but I expect i'll have to chuck out at least $600 for the laptop alone and around $150 for the pc card. I'm thinking of getting a pelican case for storage as the unit will be strapped on a motorcycle during travel. I'm concerned about the vibration and heat factors also. I'm currently using XP Home Sp2 at home and would like to stay with that OS. Screen size is not that important and I won't be gaming or listening to music or watching dvds on the unit. I hope I have provided enough information and someone can take the time to help me in my choice because I really don't want to get ripped off. Thanking you in advance...Sincerely!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…