Need help uninstalling Yahoo Mail

de_de 17:54 08 Dec 04

I recentley downloaded Yahoo Messenger, and now i want to get rid of ALL of it. Not only did it download messenger, but a load of other guff as well like toolbars, BT communicator, Mail etc.

I have managed to uninstall most of the seperate entities using add/remove programs, but Yahoo Mail will not go away. It does'nt have its own uninstall either.

I also can't delete it using explorer...'cannot delete idle.dll Access denied. Make sure disk is not full or write protected and file not in use'. Tried this again and a different file came up that it couldnt delete...ymmap.dll

Any ideas how to get rid of Yahoo Mail?

Buchan 35 19:35 08 Dec 04

de_de, Im not an expert, but like a lot of our friends I`ve had troubles too. First, if you do not wnnt Yahoo as your default mail provider, who do you want?

Kegger 19:42 08 Dec 04

Hi De_de,
goto Start>control Programs> Mail icon, double click on icon, select view existing accounts, highlight Yahoo email account and then select delete, confirm you wish to delete it. all done Kegger

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…