Need help with setting up my home wireless network

mary86 21:39 20 Sep 07

Hi,
Right here goes, I've got a Philips wireless base station the model number is CPWBS054/00 and when I get to the bit in the installation where I have to disconnect the cable modem from the computer, It doesn't detect that I've disconnected it. But the computer makes the disconnected sound but the software doesn't detect that I've disconnected.

Not sure what to do?

(I know I posted earlier but that problem may be related to this problem)

mgmcc 09:14 21 Sep 07

Power everything off, including the Cable Modem which must be left without power for three or four minutes - this is IMPORTANT so that it loses the association between the existing connection (recognised by its MAC address) and the IP address that it has allocated to it.

Connect a network cable between the router's WAN port and the Cable Modem's Ethernet port. Connect a second network cable between the PC's network port and one of the Router's LAN ports. Power on the Cable Modem and, when fully booted with all lights displayed, power on the Router. When the router is fully up and running, boot the PC. The Cable Modem will recognise a new connection and allocate a different IP address to it.

If you now type the Router's IP address into your web browser you should be able to open its configuration pages to set it up for wireless networking. You do not need to be connected to the internet to access the router's configuration pages from your web browser.

As far as connecting to the ISP is concerned, "Cable" uses the very basic setting to connect and get its addresses by DHCP. It doesn't use PPPoE and you don't enter a Username/Password. The actual description varies from router to router so if you need further help with this setting, post back with the router's options.

mary86 17:56 21 Sep 07

All problems resolved, thanks for your help.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…