Need help setting up home network on ntl broadband

memento 20:01 23 Apr 04

I am having difficulty in setting uo a home network plz can anybody help? I have Belkin 5 point router and i am using onbord Lan on both pc`s!
When both pc`s are connected to router both can access the net if i turn 1 PC off and reset modem.
i can set up network on each PC so it appears in entire network but they wont appear on each others network has anybody got any ideas thx

SEASHANTY 20:27 23 Apr 04

It will most likely be a firewall issue. See if this website will give you any pointers to the possible cause
click here

memento 22:43 25 Apr 04

see thread above

VoG II 22:51 25 Apr 04

There's not much point in having a go at people who are trying to help you. Firewall was not mentioned in your earlier post. Nor was much else. If you could describe the set-up somebody might be able to help you.

keith-236785 23:13 25 Apr 04

could you give us more to work with, what windows, are you using crossover cable or straight, how are you trying to access the network etc......

have you enabled file & printer sharing, did you run the network setup wizard (winxp).

please help us to help you, and stop talking down to people who try to help YOU.

a bad attitude will recieve no help. as much as you may be annoyed over this (and it does get us all), just try to smile and be civil, ok, lecture over.

just give us more info please.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…