Need help for school project

angg 23:00 07 Dec 08

Hello,

I have to do a career project for a class. It is a career I am interested in and in the project I need to get an interview with someone. Because I don't know anyone who is an IT or within that category I came here asking if someone would be willing to help me out. All you need to do is fill out a few questions I will ask. You can keep it simple and short if you wish. Anyone can reply doesn't have to be just an IT person, anything to do with computers really. Networking, building computers, programmer etc.. Thanks in advance.

What is your name?

What Position do you hold?

How did you get into this position?

How long have you been in this position?

Do you enjoy waking up to go to work?

What is your average yearly income?

Do you wish to stay in this position? Change jobs? Working to a promotion? If promotion where do u want to go?

Thanks again for anyone who answers.
-Matt

The Brigadier 23:09 07 Dec 08

When does the project need to be in by?

angg 23:16 07 Dec 08

it is due this tuesday dec. 9th, everything is done but the interview so it shouldnt take too long once the questions are answered

angg 00:14 08 Dec 08

Oh and if you can put in a short summary of what you do in your position. Only a few sentences needed. thx

lotvic 00:16 08 Dec 08

Apart from the first two, the answers - positive or negative - to those questions wouldn't get anyone an interview for another job. The last question is especially silly.

Sorry to be so brutally honest but IMHO you need to redo the questions and make it clear as you said "It is a career I am interested in and in the project I need to get an interview with someone"

It sounds more like you are the boss doing the interviewing and even then it doesn't really make sense.
Are these questions supposed to be on an Application Form?

And you don't really expect people to disclose their real details to you and do your homework for you - do you?

angg 00:38 08 Dec 08

This isnt an interview for a job, I have to present a job I enjoy and these are some of the questions I am supposed to ask that the teacher gave me. I thought they would be pretty easy questions to answer, if u dont want to answer them truthfully by all means make something up. I just need info for a project.

lotvic 00:51 08 Dec 08

I see, now the questions make sense, thank you for the clarification.

Sorry and no offence but I won't help with the answers though as I still think you should do your own homework.

lotvic 01:01 08 Dec 08

Oh, and by the way this Helproom is for Computer related problems, Hardware and software.

rob3600 04:08 08 Dec 08

angg

Do you have a personal email address of one that you could get access to for answers to your questions?

Although in some cases you should do you own homework there is no harm in asking for help and advice from other people who may be able to encourage you.

woody 14:52 08 Dec 08

"in the project I need to get an interview with someone"
"This isn't an interview for a job, I have to present a job I enjoy and these are some of the questions I am supposed to ask that the teacher gave me."

I will try to help but I am not sure what you are trying to achieve.
Are you "acting" as though you are in a job you enjoy and trying to pass on your feelings to another?
On the other hand is it a trial interview for a job and you need guidance on how to come across?

angg 09:30 09 Dec 08

Hey I got a interviewer by doing my homework. lol thanks for kicking me in the butt about it. Its just finals weeks and im stressing thought i could make a shortcut. Thanks rob and woody for the opportunity.
-Aang

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…