need help with rundll32.exe file

mikeyboy32 17:23 22 Feb 04

Every time i try and use any application on my pc by double clicking this message appears - 'rundll32.exe is not a valid win 32 app'.
Now i've downloaded a new rundll32.exe file and placed it in the windows/system folder and still the same thing happens.
I'm using windows 95, but i don't have any windows 95 cd/disks as the pc im using was given to me as it was,without any disks.Is there anything else i can do to correct this problem.
any help would be great.cheers.

Diodorus Siculus 17:35 22 Feb 04

Could possibly be a virus; have you done a check recently?

I seem to remember a virus that gave that message.

mikeyboy32 17:38 22 Feb 04

yeah, i've done a virus check since this happend, 'cos i thought it may have been the mydoom virus.nothing was found though.

See if any of this helps click here

Wak 19:00 22 Feb 04

For what it's worth, I run Win98 SE and the rundll.exe file is only in C:\ Windows and not the C:\Windows\System folder.
Put another copy just in the C:\Windows folder and see if that works OK.

mikeyboy32 19:14 22 Feb 04

I've just looked in the windows folder instead of windows/system and there was a rundll32.exe file in there which i didnt know about.
So i swapped the new rundll32.exe file that i'd downloaded with that one in the windows folder and hey presto everything works again!
Cheers for that Wak.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…