Need help with Router Setup

Blanc Glacier 14:25 01 Feb 05

Hi all i was wondering if somebody could help me. I have just purchased a router from ebuyer and am trying to get it all working. So far i have conencted the cat5e patch cables to the router and then to my machines. Also on the router is a slot for "WAN" in here i put my RJ11 cable which is connected to the broadband filter connected to the phone socket. However i cant seem to connect to the internet.
I have gone through all of the stages in the manual i.e. cmd > ipconfig/release and then ipconfig/renew.

If somebody could provide any help with this then it would be kindly recieved.
Btw i am with Tiscali 512.

Regards
Steve

SEASHANTY 16:02 01 Feb 05

If you type <adsl router> into the search box on the left hand of this thread it will bring up a page giving 47 links, which, hopefully, may indicate your problem. I use NTL cable broadband router, not adsl, so not familiar with that setup.

GibsonSt19 18:23 01 Feb 05

Have you entered the routers admin page to set your ISP username and password?

What router is it?

Blanc Glacier 23:57 01 Feb 05

Hi GibsonSt19, yes i have the router is "Ebuyer 4 Port Cable/DSL Broadband Router with Print server" and the link is click here

Basically what i have done is connected all of my computers RJ45 patch leads into the router. (The network is working as each computer can see each other and share files).
I then have an RJ11 cable into the WAN socket on the modem and the other side of the RJ11 into the micro-filter which too has my telephone cable into it and then the wall socket. However, i dont seem to be getting any dial-tone when i pick up the phone.

If you could help with this then it would be kindly recieved. Many thanks Steve.

fitshase 09:09 02 Feb 05

You need an ADSL modem in order to get online. The router will allow the connection to be shared.

You need to plug an ADSL modem into the WAN port on the router and into the ADSL splitter in the phone port on your wall.

The router you have bought is only a router and not an integrated router/ADSL modem.

Regards

Fitshase

GibsonSt19 12:04 02 Feb 05

Yeah, wot fishace says :D

GibsonSt19 12:05 02 Feb 05

fitshase even

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…