Need help ripping home movie DVD'S.

emma14 17:59 02 Nov 09

I want to rip some home movie DVD's onto my laptop.
I've tried a few different DVD rippers, but they dont seem to work. I've tried DVD Decrypter, Handbrake and AnyDVD, but they all say the same thing.
When I put the DVD into my drive, it says there is nothing on there, that the disk is empty.
However, when I am able to play them on a DVD player, just not on my laptop.
Is there any way of fixing this problem?
Thanks in advance, any help appreciated.

jimv7 18:02 02 Nov 09

Finalise the disks in your dvd recorder before playing them on the computer.

emma14 16:22 03 Nov 09

The disks have all been finalised before trying to play them on my laptop, and yet it still doesnt work?

mfletch 17:27 03 Nov 09

May be you need the right Codec Pack

Have a look here click here

eedcam 22:34 03 Nov 09

Codecs are for playing not seeing. if the disc is finlised then perhaps you never made a dvd video but video-Vr check that . other than that does your laptop reader accept the dvd type ie - or +

amichael 11:11 04 Nov 09

strangely I have experienced this a few times and I simply rebooted my pc and the very firs thing I did was run dvd-decrypter and it works. I have alos noticed on rarer occasions that it would not read the dvd at all in decrypter and had to decrypt it on another pc - I think the dvd driver is probably old and becoming less stable at reading.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…