Need help regarding Epson RX600 printer please!!!!

raj2009 09:57 05 May 06

After only 18 months and very very little use-the LCD monitor on printer died! Epson repair centre says it needs to be replaced. Cost about £110 for new LCD!! Which is just not worth it as I'll get a new printer for a little more. But can somebody help?

--Has somebody a dead printer from which the LCD could be salvaged?
--Do you know of someplace that sells these at a more reasonable price?
--I dont really use the monitor, can the printer be used without it? How do you get to different menus on screen, or change the ink cartridge etc.?

Thanks in anticipation.
Regards
Raj

Gongoozler 10:29 05 May 06

This appears to be a common problem click here.
Epson, along with other printer manufacturers have a policy of selling the printers cheap and then charging exorbitant prices for parts and consumables. If you don't really need the LCD but can't use the printer without it, then your best bet might be to scrap the RX600 and buy a simpler printer.

The Sale of Goods Act click here is on your side because 18 months is not a reasonable time for such a major failure, and your case would be against the retailer, but I doubt that you will get very far. You could try opening a thread on this subject in the Consumerwatch forum.

FatboySlim71 10:30 05 May 06

I would just cut your losses and buy a new one, needless to say it may be worth trying a different brand this time.

FatboySlim71 10:39 05 May 06

For what its worth. I have always found Canon printers to be reliable and very cheap for ink cartridges.

conrail 14:51 05 May 06
  conrail 14:52 05 May 06

sorry, keyboard playing up, link ok to Epson forum,hopefullywill help you

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This animated short film tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…