Need help for recoving the folders

kotagiri 09:20 27 Jan 07

I had 160 GB hardrive with 4 partitions and C:Drive used to have NTFS and other 3 drives in Fat32. I formated C: and changed that to Fat32 from NTFS. After restarting the computer Scan Disk started and showed me few folders in F: Drive started changing to files. After reboot when I checked the folders in F: Drive they look like files with the same name as they were named before. Only difference is they are looking like file insted of folder. I ran Disc Defrag and also ran chkdisk. There is no sign of bad clusters. It did not happen for all folders or all drives in the hard drive. It happend for only few folders in Drive F: Some of those changed folders are about 10 GB but that is showing as 8 KB file now.

I belive the problem might be with Master File Table (MFT) which got currupted the contents of the data stored location of that folder on MFT.

Please help me recover them.

CLONNEN 09:51 27 Jan 07

So you reformatted drive C to FAT32 and it has somehow corrupted some of the files on drive F ?

What sort of files are they that you are trying to retrieve - pictures, videos, music, word documents?

skidzy 09:52 27 Jan 07

Maybe Drive Rescue can help click here

kotagiri 05:55 29 Jan 07

There are multiple folders. Some folders have Word Doc, some have videos, some have pictures and some have songs as well and it did not happen to all the folders only few folders on Drive F:

FreeCell 10:32 29 Jan 07

Have a look at this.May help.
click here

rawprawn 11:35 29 Jan 07

I have always found Restoration very good.
click here

kotagiri 11:45 04 Feb 07

Thanks rawprawn. I was able to few of my lost files using the application you refered. But I was able to recover only few individual files out of many files in many folders. Please help me with a way that I can recover my complete folders.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Best Design, Illustration, Animation and VFX Awards of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced