Need help and opinions

Wrightyyy 22:07 06 Dec 10

Hello, I'm new to this forum and I would ask for your opinion on this laptop.

click here

I plan to do work on the laptop like Photoshop and premier pro, aswell as play some games and of course watch movies on it. I would like to know what your opinion is on the specs of the laptop and the manufacture and wether or not it is good value for money. I don't know that much about laptop so any help would be nice. If you have any other suggestions for laptops please mention it to me, although it has to be around the £500 - £600 Mark.

Thanks, Josh.

Nontek 22:18 06 Dec 10

Hmm, no Number Pad, I think you could do better on your budget. I suggest you have a look at the laptops at click here

Wrightyyy 22:30 06 Dec 10

I took a look at the website you mentioned.
click here
Is this laptop better than the one I suggested?

GaT7 22:34 06 Dec 10

You didn't say which games & what settings you expect to play them at. The included HD 5470 graphics will not be the best for graphically-intensive games coming in at a modest 117th place in this laptop GPU benchmark comparison list click here (higher up the list the better).

I suggested a few yesterday in this thread click here that have better graphics - around 71st & 75th place.

Also consider a desktop PC, where you're likely to get better for your money.

The Novatech one you posted a link to has integrated graphics, the type you definitely would want to avoid. G

Wrightyyy 22:41 06 Dec 10

The kind of games I would like to play are total war games, like medieval or napoleons, and as long as they run smooth I won't mind what setting they are on. Games are not my main priority when choosing a laptop, I mainly need it for college work like Photoshop and premier pro, apart from those softwares I would mainly use it for entertainment purposes like watching a film or surfing the Internet. I was just wondering if that laptop would suit those needs, I also want a laptop that is reliable, unlike my dell laptop that has problem after problem after problem after problem, you get my point.
So would either of these laptops suit my needs?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…