Need help on my PC

getdizzy24 19:02 10 Mar 15

Hi Guys,

I'm kinda new in the community and wanted to know more about my current PC build. I play a lot of games both offline and online, my brother just recently gave me his old graphics card (Zotac GeForce GTX 750 TI) and I had installed on my PC.

Just want to know if I have a bottle neck problem with my current setup. Here is my setup:

PSU: Generic one (I know it sucks) Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-F2A55M-DS2 Processor: Gigabyte GA-F2A55M-DS2 RAM: 8150 MB (DDR3-1600 DDR3 SDRAM) Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 Ti (2 GB) Monitor: LG E1941 (Digital) [18.5" LCD]

Some of the games that I play has an increase increase in performance however there are some games that still lags or not performing well even with my old GPU: Galaxy GT 630

Are there any areas on my current setup that is bottle necking a performance? If there are, can you enumerate them and how I can improve them?

Thanks for the help guys! If you want more info on my rig, please feel free to let me know.

Ian in Northampton 20:30 10 Mar 15

You don't actually say what your processor is, and I think you have the RAM a bit muddled...

getdizzy24 00:30 11 Mar 15

sorry, here you go: DualCore AMD A6-5400K, 3800 MHz (38 x 100)

Ian in Northampton 10:59 12 Mar 15

I'd have thought the processor and GPU were reasonably well matched, although some of today's games can take advantage of more than 2 cores. Are you saying that your PC has slowed down in some respects - you talk about playing games with your old GPU, and they seem to run slower? When was the last time you did a complete fresh re-install? That might be a place to start.

getdizzy24 06:55 16 Mar 15

Hi,

sorry for the late reply. I had second thoughts on my current setup because when I posted on my Facebook account a lot of my techy friends said that the GPU might be bottled neck because of my processor. They suggested the AMD fx6300 3.5ghz 6core and have it paired with a gigabyte ga-970-ds3p motherboard so that I can get the most of the new GPU.

When I installed the new GPU some of the games went from "meh" to "great" in terms in performance. There is one game though, an online game, Marvel Heroes 2015 that lags pretty much even when I was using the old GPU until now.

Is it the game itself or do I need to something with my current rig?

Thanks for answering by the way.. :)

getdizzy24 06:55 16 Mar 15

P.S. my internet connections is fine, so I am sure that it isn't the issue.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac