Need help making Install discs for Mandrake 9.1

rik32 12:13 17 Sep 03

Hi everyone, I have just got the DVD edition of PC advisor (issue 98)and want to install Mandrake 9.1 on my Xp machine. I have tried to make a set of install discs but they are not recognised when I boot using the 'cdrom.img from both the DVD drive (Samsung) and the cd rw/ cdrom. The discs have been extracted using 'Undisker'and also a direct 'iso' copy from the DVD. Both sets of discs are reported as not being mandrake installation discs. Where am I going wrong? Many thanks to all in anticipation for your help.

powerless 19:51 17 Sep 03

Are you burning the iso images as AN image.

...and not just copying the isos over to CD-R?

rik32 22:33 17 Sep 03

Ahh...yes I did just copy them over! I will try to copy as an image and let you know how I get on, thanks Powerless!

rik32 18:17 22 Sep 03

Hi Powerless, thanks for the info. Got hold of a small XP add on for burning ISO images and I am now in the middle of installing Mnadrake 9.1. Should you or anyone else be interested in the utility follow this link click here or buy Windows XP magazine it's included on guide 8 / 2003. Many thanks

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Microsoft Surface Studio PC release date, pricing, design, features and spec: Microsoft showcases…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

Apple Q4 2016 financial results | Apple earnings report: iPhone, iPad and Mac sales down, profits d6…