need help with java problem

ukgirl 18:12 03 Feb 03

am getting this msg appearing when i try to access a java enabled site>>>
The following error has occurred:
Java Corrupted or Misinstalled
Explanation:
This error occurs when your Java software has been either misinstalled on your browser or if Java software has been corrupted in some way. Some of the symptoms include a large number of "exception errors", applets not showing up (or showing up as a blank or gray frame), and other crash problems.

Have reinstalled microsoft vm & installed sun java but am still getting the problem.

spikeychris 18:34 03 Feb 03

What version of I.E are you using? the easiest way is to move up a level

Chris

Rumple 19:01 03 Feb 03

heya,
i had a similar problem to you. I would suggest you uninstall the java developemnt kit and then install microsoft vm. this should solve your problem regarding the error messages. Once this is done get the latest version of the java development kit, (i think its version SDK 1.41) and install it. this should solve your problem.
If problems persist (my friends did!) i suggest you only install the developer and not the java web start part of the program which include some games. This in my experience caused the majority of problems. Hope this helps.
Rumple

ukgirl 07:51 04 Feb 03

lol,yep again!! But it's ok now,just needed a reboot!! Sorry

Dawn

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…