need help with infected file

northone 13:23 09 Apr 07

i hope you can help me. i have been constantly getting a warning message from my pc guard that it has deleted an infected file, the name of which changes we had a similar problem before and we were advised by you great guys to turn off system restore, run the scan software and then turn on restore. this worked perfectly then, however we have repeated this several times and downloaded AVG virus scan and we are inundated with messages from (blueyonder or virginmedia) pc guard telling us that it has found an infected file and will delete it, but clearly this is not happening. we are happy to pay for some proper protection, however i do not know who to turn to. i hope that you can help with thisa problem. please if you have any questions i would be only too happy to answer you. many many thanks.
Alison

MAJ 14:12 09 Apr 07

What is the name and location of the infected file? Also give the error message that your pc guard is diplaying.

northone 14:40 09 Apr 07

the pc guard tells us that it has found an infected file named D:\DOCUMENTS AND SETTINGS\ALISON WILTON\LOCAL SETTINGS\TEMP\PTU93.TMP.EXE and that it was unable to delete it. thank you very much for you help. look forward to hearing from you. please let me know if there is any further details that i can give you to help. thanks again.
Alison

VoG II 14:48 09 Apr 07

Try deleting it using this click here

MAJ 14:57 09 Apr 07

I was going to suggest CCleaner, click here but VoG™'s suggestion should work. The idea is to delete all files from that Temp folder.

p;3 19:26 09 Apr 07

might ask how many av programs you actually have on there? I think you have a clash with the PCguard program and the avg BOTH of which have antivirus properties

click here

a quote from there reads

'What is PCguard?
PCguard is a security package that provides comprehensive protection for your family and PC against internet related nasties such as hackers, viruses, worms etc.'

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Apple MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…