Need help with HP G62 laptop

terminallyconfused 20:43 04 Feb 15

I've had this laptop PC for five or six years now, and I've never had any serious issues with it. Now, though, it is completely useless, and I've no idea what is causing it. The Operating System I've always been using is Windows 7.

List of issues:

• Laptop frequently becomes non-responsive when loading pages or programs.
  • It will often slow down noticeably, which leads to sound issues in the form of buzzing and crackling (this occurs even when the video or song or whatever is fully buffered).
  • These problems lessen slightly after a reboot, but usually return within five or ten minutes.
  • Even simply moving the cursor around or scrolling up or down causes this partial freezing and distorted sound to worsen.
  • The computer takes ages to load after a reboot, sometimes as long as fifteen minutes.

These problems apply to songs played on iTunes too, and I can still use the internet normally (apart from videos, obviously, because of the sound/freezing issues), so I don't think it has anything to do with my internet connection. I've refreshed my Windows Experience Index, and it is 4.2, so the computer SHOULD be working fine according to that. I've scanned it twice with McAfee, but it hasn't detected any virus or other possible cause. Any help at all would be greatly appreciated.

robin_x 21:44 04 Feb 15

Give it a good blowout, into the outlet vents with compressed air can

click here

Run Ccleaner, ADWCleaner and Malwarebytes.

Full de-fluffing would require a complete stripdown.

You can find the Maintenance Guide Manual pdf at HP Support and Downloads.

You could try getting the Sound Drivers again while you are there.

Or you may have to backup all your stuff and do a Factory Restore (+hours of updates)

Or it may be a hardware fault.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now