Need help to find good video editing software

manford7 21:07 23 Sep 07

Hi, I would appreciate some help in finding some really good quality easy to use video editing software.

My requirements:
TOP PRIORITY:Easy to use, not overly complicated or full of icons to learn (I have tried some cheap/free programs and too often are limited or are difficult to understand let alone use).
Edit cleanly video and sound at start, end and in the middle of video clips regardless of length (usually 1-30mins), splice/split-divide files, frame accurate, seamless editing, easy production software.

Be able to convert FLV/SWF/Real Media/ASF/DAT files and DVD discs (VOB+IFO) to AVI (also would be good (not compulsory) to manage MB file size for AVI file size output, useful for upload to
You Tube since it has 10min/100Mb limits).

Be able to import VHS/DVD and edit and convert to AVI (via DV/FireWire, USB, any other alternatives) (I think USB is going to be my main choice as I have no TV/video capture card)

Allow upload to internet, esp. You Tube (10min/100Mb limits)
Bonus requirement (but not compulsory): Convert AVI to
My PC specifications are:
Intel Pentium 4, 3.06Ghz, 512MB Ram, Windows XP SP2, 42GB free, Direct X 9.0C, sound card does not support hardware buffering (only software) )not sure what that means but the Direct X Diagnostic test came up with that).

Any recommendations would be great, especially if it is easy to use software and will do most of what I want.

Im willing to spend approx £50-£100ish, maybe more if the software if so great it is worth spending a bit more.

Thanks, Andy.

PAE 13:41 25 Sep 07

I use Serif MoviePlus 5 available at serif.com. Although you will get an american website the company is based in Nottingham. It allows multiple timelines for both video and audio. You will however need to consider what format your data is in; if it is analogue there will be problems with dropped frames but they do an adaptor (Grabbee) that works well for me. Give them a call on (0800 376 7070) and if you are interested try haggling for a free trial of MoviePlus doesn't have all the bells and whistles but it will give you a fair idea if it's whwt you want.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Prehistoric Britain is laid out in these Royal Mail stamp illustrations

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…