Need Help Explorer problem

Hi Guys and Girls

Can somone please help me......Can you tell me why i can't access my program files.......Every time i click on Start......An Error explorer notice comes on the screen.....is an .....sorry can't remember exactly what it says.......I can't get to any of my programms.....only internet explorer which is on the desktop...
I hope i have explained this ok........Will appreciate any help at all

TIA Joy

VoG II 12:53 14 Sep 03

What version of Windows please?

-pops- 12:53 14 Sep 03

What oeprating system? Can you get into safe mode?

-pops- 12:53 14 Sep 03

operating - should be - of course!

Jester2K II 12:56 14 Sep 03

And what does the message say? Exactly, please.

Hi Everyone.......

Operating system Windows ME......

Explore message.....Explore has caused an error in (unknown) Explorer will close......
If the message continues try rebooting you computer.........which i have done several times now but not made any difference..........

I don't have to worry about safe mode....cause it boots up as though there is nothing wrong.....until i click on the Start Button to go to the program files.....

TIA Joy

Jester2K II 13:09 14 Sep 03

Have you got ANY Anti Virus installed??

If so is it up to date.

If not, get AVG 6 Free click here

Yes I have Nortons.....antivirus installed and it only automatically updated yesterday......That was the first thing i though....Oh no a virus but surely not.......

Joy

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…