Need help from an expert

Danielxxxx23 16:00 14 Nov 08

Do I need a new pc?

My pc I have don't play my games (C+C Tiberium wars, world of warcraft and so on) I don't buy the latest games so I don't need a high graphics computer. What I wanted to do is upgrade my pc I have now hoping to save money.
My pc details
Product: Hp Compaq Dc5100 MT CPW099ET.
system operator: Xp Home Edition SP3
Pro Type: Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 2,80GHz
Speed: 2800/800 MHz.
Pro Stepping: F41
Cashe size: (L1/L2)
Momory size: 1024MB DDR2/533 MHz single channel.
Harddrive: 40GB.

this the most info I know about my pc. I was going to buy I graphic card to boost my pc But the slot has been ripped out of the Mobo where the card goes and If I to replace with a new Mobo would it cost me more than buying new pc.

Please get back to me any more info let me know how to find and I get back I also have photos of my pc inside the tower.

canarieslover 16:38 14 Nov 08

It seems that you are stuck with the on-board graphics and they will be using some of your system memory. With this set-up there is no way to up-grade that will give you anything much better than you already have so you would be better advised to save your money and go for a new base unit.

iqs 13:04 16 Nov 08

By the time you replace the HDD ,added at least another 1GB of RAM,bought a AGP/PCI or PCIe graphics card(depends what BUS slots your MB has)and a PSU that has higher wattage and amps for the power hungry cards,your better of buying a new 'gaming rig' has canarieslover suggests .In my opinion

sissie590 14:17 16 Nov 08

Hi, I'm looking for Roll Playing PC Games where I can change settings to play mostly with the mouse button like Thief or the older UltimaX games for example walk, strike, pick up or drop Items. I bought so many PC Games but most of them all are playable with the keyboard. I would really appreciate if some one could help.

Sea Urchin 15:11 16 Nov 08

Please do not hijack an existing thread - start your own and then you are more likely to get some help.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…