Need help from an expert

Danielxxxx23 16:00 14 Nov 08

Do I need a new pc?

My pc I have don't play my games (C+C Tiberium wars, world of warcraft and so on) I don't buy the latest games so I don't need a high graphics computer. What I wanted to do is upgrade my pc I have now hoping to save money.
My pc details
Product: Hp Compaq Dc5100 MT CPW099ET.
system operator: Xp Home Edition SP3
Pro Type: Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 2,80GHz
Speed: 2800/800 MHz.
Pro Stepping: F41
Cashe size: (L1/L2)
Momory size: 1024MB DDR2/533 MHz single channel.
Harddrive: 40GB.

this the most info I know about my pc. I was going to buy I graphic card to boost my pc But the slot has been ripped out of the Mobo where the card goes and If I to replace with a new Mobo would it cost me more than buying new pc.

Please get back to me any more info let me know how to find and I get back I also have photos of my pc inside the tower.

canarieslover 16:38 14 Nov 08

It seems that you are stuck with the on-board graphics and they will be using some of your system memory. With this set-up there is no way to up-grade that will give you anything much better than you already have so you would be better advised to save your money and go for a new base unit.

iqs 13:04 16 Nov 08

By the time you replace the HDD ,added at least another 1GB of RAM,bought a AGP/PCI or PCIe graphics card(depends what BUS slots your MB has)and a PSU that has higher wattage and amps for the power hungry cards,your better of buying a new 'gaming rig' has canarieslover suggests .In my opinion

sissie590 14:17 16 Nov 08

Hi, I'm looking for Roll Playing PC Games where I can change settings to play mostly with the mouse button like Thief or the older UltimaX games for example walk, strike, pick up or drop Items. I bought so many PC Games but most of them all are playable with the keyboard. I would really appreciate if some one could help.

Sea Urchin 15:11 16 Nov 08

Please do not hijack an existing thread - start your own and then you are more likely to get some help.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Hands-on: Acer Predator Triton 700 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

D&AD Awards 2017: see the best design, advertising, illustration, animation and VR of the past year

Apple predictions 2017