Need help converting Word doc to PDF

GrannyA 09:03 13 May 14

I have been asked to send a document in PDF form and told there will be a key on keyboard to do so but I cant find one. I have Windows7 on laptop. Any help greatly appreciated.

alanrwood 09:49 13 May 14

There is no such key.

If you are using a later version of MS Word then open the document and select "Save As". In the file type selection box click on the down arrow to show what file types you can save the document as. Select pdf. Then Save. The pdf version will be then saved in the location you have selected. You may lso have a pdf printer installed. This is a virtual printer to which if you print the document, will do the conversion. If you don't have a pdf printer download Cutepdf from the internet. It has a free version and the earlier versions are much simpler to use and fulfil all the requirements without complicating the issues.

GrannyA 13:01 13 May 14

Thank you so much. Will now try it out. I think I have such a printer but worried that it would print rather than save the doc.

alanrwood 19:06 13 May 14

You should be OK. Any pdf printer (and there are quite a lot)will just produce a pdf file from whatever document is being printed to it.

GrannyA 20:53 13 May 14

Hi. I've managed to change doc to a PDF by the Save as, then saved documents. However, when I then send as an attachment to an email they apiece with all the task bar at the side which I do t want to go. What am I doing wrong?

alanrwood 08:47 14 May 14

Sorry but not quite sure what you mean. Can you do a graphic to show.

BT 11:23 14 May 14

The word processor in Libre Office will load in Word Documents and save out in PDF.

alanrwood 20:17 14 May 14

So does MSWord but I don't quite understand what the OP means in her last post.

BT 08:27 15 May 14

Depends which version of MS Word you have. Some of the older versions don't have the option, and a lot of people don't have MS Word. It does cost money after all, and Libre Office is free.

I think the OP has become confused with talk of PDF printers etc, and just needs a simple way to convert a Word Doc to a PDF doc.

alanrwood 11:10 15 May 14

Hi BT

That is why in my first post I said "If you are using one of the later versions of MSWord" which the OP has confirmed they can do in a response.

She says she has actually done the conversion, I just don't really understand what is meant by "However, when I then send as an attachment to an email they apiece with all the task bar at the side which I do t want to go. What am I doing wrong?"

I am waiting for a reply so can continue to diagnose the problem.

100andthirty 20:49 18 May 14

I wondered this too, but suddenly twigged that she means that she gets comments, formatting changes and so on, on the side of the document as she has left tracked changes on and hasn't closed or deleted the comments. I sometimes save documents in pdf like that so I can add further comments on a tablet

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…