Need help with connection

Fenrir_666 19:10 26 Jun 08

Hi there, I have set up a wireless connection between a BT home hub and a PC using the Netgear WG111v3 adapter. The connection works, however it says that it has already established a connection but Explorer does not pull up any sites except the dreaded 'cannot find page (something that comes up when you try to use it offline)'. I have to disconnect and then reconnect for the user to use the internet. Any ideas on how to solve this rather annoying problem??

ambra4 19:16 26 Jun 08

4 steps to set up your home wireless network

click here

And go to section 4 “Connect Your Computers

Fenrir_666 20:14 26 Jun 08

Sorry that link opens this page, Could you post the correct link please

Technotiger 20:30 26 Jun 08

Hi, yes your link does only re-direct to this page ??

I had, or thought I had '4 steps to set up your home wireless network' saved in my Bookmarks and was going to show it here as a link; However, what opened was something I have not seen before, verrry strange - please see this screenshot ...

[URL=click here][IMG]click here

Technotiger 20:33 26 Jun 08

The message you can see in the screenshot is only part of it - it started off by saying something like - 'This page is a fake .... then it carried on about being only a Server and a lot of other rubbish ???

Fenrir_666 20:33 26 Jun 08

Weird! Any other solutions?

Technotiger 20:37 26 Jun 08

This is I think the original link that ambra4 was trying to give you ...

click here

Fenrir_666 20:53 26 Jun 08

Ok I read through it, however i noticed that the example pic showing the available networks says that the connection is automatic, mine says its manual! Please help.

Technotiger 20:57 26 Jun 08

I think you need to click on the word Connect, at the bottom of the window. I have never needed to do it myself.

Guessing now, if that does not work try right-clicking on the network shown, to see if you get any further Options.

ambra4 01:46 27 Jun 08

Fenrir_666

Sorry about the link wrong site Technotiger link was the correct one

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…