Need help choosing a router

Mooietooie 17 Jan 13

Hi everyone, I'm looking to buy a router for a household with 11 peeps. It's a four storey terraced house so strong signal is a priority, we also have four xboxes connected to live so having a Microsoft certified router is a must. We were using the Virgin Media 'Super-hub', however the signal was poor. I switched it to modem mode and purchased a Netgear 3700WNDRv3 router but its signal strength turned out to be even worse and it's constantly dropping out. I plan on returning it which will give me a budget of £110. Any help with this matter would be greatly appreciated! Thanks :}

onthelimit1 17 Jan 13

I can't see one router of any make giving decent coverage in a 4 storey house. You may do better with a couple of wireless repeaters or (my preferred route) have a number of wireless homeplugs relaying the signal to each of the upper floors.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Should I upgrade to Windows 10? 8 reasons why you should upgrade to Windows 10... and 2 why you…

We are being sold the ability to spend money we don't have. And we love it

IKinema aims to banish droopy shoulders and wonky spines in animated CG characters

How to use Apple Music in the UK: Complete guide to Apple Music's features

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message