Need help choosing a router

Mooietooie 13:15 PM 17 Jan 13

Hi everyone, I'm looking to buy a router for a household with 11 peeps. It's a four storey terraced house so strong signal is a priority, we also have four xboxes connected to live so having a Microsoft certified router is a must. We were using the Virgin Media 'Super-hub', however the signal was poor. I switched it to modem mode and purchased a Netgear 3700WNDRv3 router but its signal strength turned out to be even worse and it's constantly dropping out. I plan on returning it which will give me a budget of £110. Any help with this matter would be greatly appreciated! Thanks :}

onthelimit1 17:07 PM 17 Jan 13

I can't see one router of any make giving decent coverage in a 4 storey house. You may do better with a couple of wireless repeaters or (my preferred route) have a number of wireless homeplugs relaying the signal to each of the upper floors.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus launch live: What to expect from Apple's 9 September 2015…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Swedish schoolkids use Minecraft to redesign Stockholm city centre

Apple's special event invitations decoded: A look back at 13 of Apple's most cryptic invites