Need help choosing a router

Mooietooie 13:15 PM 17 Jan 13

Hi everyone, I'm looking to buy a router for a household with 11 peeps. It's a four storey terraced house so strong signal is a priority, we also have four xboxes connected to live so having a Microsoft certified router is a must. We were using the Virgin Media 'Super-hub', however the signal was poor. I switched it to modem mode and purchased a Netgear 3700WNDRv3 router but its signal strength turned out to be even worse and it's constantly dropping out. I plan on returning it which will give me a budget of £110. Any help with this matter would be greatly appreciated! Thanks :}

onthelimit1 17:07 PM 17 Jan 13

I can't see one router of any make giving decent coverage in a 4 storey house. You may do better with a couple of wireless repeaters or (my preferred route) have a number of wireless homeplugs relaying the signal to each of the upper floors.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Should I upgrade to Windows 10? Windows 10 is now available, so do you have to upgrade? 8 reasons…

Why Vodafone’s frequency choice should interest you: The benefits of 800MHz

Digital visionaries discuss Designing the Future

OS X Yosemite vs Windows 10: The Mac and PC operating systems go head to head UPDATED