Need help changing DVD Region!

ashleyberriman 18:35 27 Feb 08

Hi!

I have recently changed my DVD region on my laptop from region 2 to region 1, so that I can watch a DVD from the USA. However, when I know try to change back to region 2, I am unable to as the following message appears:

"Unable to update region setting. The drive reports that it requires media of the destination region (region 2) so please insert appropriate media and try again".

I do not have any software DVDs etc that may have come with the PC anymore, which I hope is not a major problem!!

I appreciate anybodys help with my problem.

Thanks

Stuartli 18:37 27 Feb 08

I think it means to use a Region 2 DVD film, music or similar DVD.

Kingfisher 18:39 27 Feb 08

have a look here it might help click here=
good luck

BRYNIT 18:52 27 Feb 08

Its looking for a region 2 DVD as Stuartli has posted. Put a shop bought DVD in the DVD player.

Remember you can only change the region settings 4 or 5 times before it will lock to one region. If you look in device manager click on the DVD drive and select properties/region it will tell you how many times you may be able to change before it locks.

I think you can download a program that allows you to view any region DVD but not sure.

ashleyberriman 18:55 27 Feb 08

Thanks for the responses!

I have tried playing a region 2 DVD film since the message has appeared but this has not worked, and the link which was provided mainly gives further links to websites which refer to decoding DVDs so that they can be used on any format, whereas Im looking for a solution for the laptop itself, not the DVD.

Thanks again, would be great to hear back from you!

ashleyberriman 18:55 27 Feb 08

I have tried playing a region 2 DVD film since the message has appeared but this has not worked, and the link which was provided mainly gives further links to websites which refer to decoding DVDs so that they can be used on any format, whereas Im looking for a solution for the laptop itself, not the DVD.

ashleyberriman 18:56 27 Feb 08

ashleyberriman 19:05 27 Feb 08

ALL FIXED!

Many thanks to everybody who posted to give me a hand!
All I did was try a different DVD from the one I wanted to watch, and it enabled me to change the DVD region. I tried many different DVDs before I tried the DVD I wanted to watch, but nothing worked!

Thanks guys!

eedcam 19:07 27 Feb 08

Be aware you only get 4 changes then you are stuck with the last change you have now used 2 lives

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now