Need help buying new computer

hurst101 14:41 PM 10 Jul 11

I have had my computer for around 7 years (windows xp)and i am looking to get a new one. I have found that my computer has become slower and dated. I found this out when i had to update the word packages and stuff like that.

I mostly use my pc for gaming and recently brought new game which don't work to good. Its just it takes time to load or install, if I do login the graphics are poor and slow , lines of works missing or in a weird scribe. moves in the game stall the games.

game that don't do to good if this info helps. sid meiers civilization v football manager 20011 (slow at watching game in 3d slow and poor all over) empire total war

thanks for you help if you can help me. any advice is welcome and needed, if you need any other info please fill free to post here. ;)

thanks Mr Hurst

northumbria61 15:26 PM 10 Jul 11

If you need this information may I suggest you include your budget - ie: minimum/maximum spend. There are are "expert" gamers on here more than willing to give advice - unfortunately I am not one of them.

gengiscant 15:27 PM 10 Jul 11

Always useful to know what sort of budget you have, otherwise how are we going to be able to make an informed suggestion.

EARLR 16:20 PM 10 Jul 11

Warning Windows7 wont play alot of older games

gengiscant 16:24 PM 10 Jul 11

I haven't come across a game Windows 7 will not play,and I can go back to Serious Sam FE and SE.

EARLR 16:34 PM 10 Jul 11

I am not trying to hijack thread but I cannot get Age of Empires to play on my new win 7 machine.

hurst101 18:28 PM 10 Jul 11

thanks for your post.I say around 500 to 750 would be about right.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best Cyber Monday deals 2015 live blog: Best UK Cyber Monday tech deals, sales, discounts & offers

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Harry Potter's graphic designers showcase magical props & posters in new exhibition

Apple rumours & predictions 2016: What to expect from Apple in 2016