Need help avg 7.5 gone wrong

mr edd 12:53 07 Oct 07

Hi Folks.

I tryed to see if I could get some files off an old hard drive, it didnt work. windows had an error and shut down. on restart all ok but my avg 7.5. got a messege saying it was currupt.
have been using avg for a few years with no problems before.

I have downloaded a avg 7.5 again, try to reinstall it and this messege below comes up.

( Local machine installation failed Initialization
Error checking of state of the item file incavi.avm failed

file opening failed %FILE% = "C:\program files\grisoft\AVG7\incavi.avm" invalid argument )

I have uninstaled avg ( control panel add/remove ) but cant get rid of these 3 files. incavi.avm , udp_vers.cfg , avgupsvc .
Not even with ( norton utilities, wipe data from computer ).

Can anyone help please.

Many Thanks.
Mr edd.

brundle 13:02 07 Oct 07

Reboot in safe mode and try to get rid of them, or use Unlocker click here - even the two combined if neither works

brundle 13:04 07 Oct 07

Additionally, go to start menu/run, type

services.msc

press return

Are there any AVG services still showing (there are usually two when AVG is installed and working if I recall), and if so are they Started?

mfletch 13:06 07 Oct 07

Hi,
Have a look at Brute Force uninstaller it may help you,

click here

mfletch

mr edd 13:31 07 Oct 07

Thanks for the help so far.

brundle.
I downloaded the unlocker. right click on the files select unlocker and it says ( no locking handle found ) and says it can help and gives me the option to delete the files. should I go with this action or try somthing else ?.

Thanks again.
mr edd.

brundle 13:41 07 Oct 07

It means nothing has `locked` the file ,meaning you should be able to delete it.

Probabilitydrive 13:47 07 Oct 07

Go to 'programme files' and delete the 'grisoft folder'. if the files you want to get rid of are in this folder you have just deleted them.

Use CCleaner to get rid of registry entries (and for that matter all the other gunk you may have on your system.)

Download again AVG 7.5 and carry out a fresh installation.

mr edd 14:35 07 Oct 07

Thanks all for your help on this.

I have tried all the above, have got rid of ( avgupsvc ) with Unlocker.

Brute Force uninstaller, wount deal with them.

cleaned up with CCleaner. but still cant shift ( udp_vers.cfg and incavi.avm ).

If I try to delete them it says the file or directory is currupet and unreadable.

I cant thank enough for your help

Regards.
mr edd.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

New MacBook Pro 2017 release date, UK price and tech specs: Kaby Lake MacBook Pro to launch in…