Need Help!

Deezy 04:56 03 Mar 06

I just brought a Linksys Wireless-G Router. When I went to install the 2.4GHz Ver.5.0 CD. I got an error message and it will not let me get to the setup. I restarted my computer and I unplugged my internet connects. It still will not work. I'm currently running Windows XP. Any hope would be appreciated.

mgmcc 09:19 03 Mar 06

Can you access the router's Setup pages by connecting to it by ethernet cable and then entering its IP address into a web browser?

I'm not sure what IP address Linksys uses - probably either 192.168.0.1 or 192.168.1.1 but the manual should tell you.

Saie 11:28 03 Mar 06

are you trying to get it to run broadband?.. i had a similar problem, it wouldnt let me set the router up using the cd, so i had to hook it up to the laptop using rj45 cable, then access the setup page using "IE" manually input all the details of the isp.. then after that it would let me set it up... however you need to make sure your linksys supports your isp's settings eg: PPPoA or PPPoE, BT is PPPoA theres quite a few linksys that dont support that!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation technologies coming to Siggraph 2017

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5