Need HDDVD player

almi 09:14 11 Jun 08

I have made an AVCHD video with the use sony's PMB picture motion browser witch was included with Sony HDD HD camera I recently got.Has anyone used the above software and played the result on Sony's BlueRay prayer saccesfully? I'm planning buy a sony BDP-S300 and would like to know if it works.Thank you.

Ditch999 11:19 11 Jun 08

Take a look at this article click here and scroll about half way down to the section Compatibility with Blu Ray disc players.

almi 14:13 11 Jun 08

To Ditch999,
From what I gathered reading the page you suggested it is possible to playback AVCHD on Sony's BDP-S300 as in fact the relative manual confirms. But I want to be absolutely sure it does that bebore I buy it.

Ditch999 19:20 11 Jun 08

As with all video formats there are different ratios and bitrates for AVCHD files. They can be between 64-640kbs for audio and up to 24Mbit/s for Bluray discs or up to 18Mbit/s for the file on an ordinary DVD. It was the same when DVD was introduced. It is a matter of setting the bitrate to match the player and the file should play OK.
If you know anyone with a PS3 you could ask them to try it for you.

almi 18:22 12 Jun 08

Your information has been of great help to me.Thak you Ditch999 and beta.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…