need to get connected

icecube_baby 18:32 29 May 05

hi need to get connected to internet with second laptop using wireless connection 3com im already connected on 1st laptop to wireless modem but cant remember how to connect no drivers CAME WITH 3COM MODEM with it HELP

LastChip 19:20 29 May 05

icecube_baby 12:45 30 May 05

im not sure what you mean by operating system im on windows xp and the wireless system im using is 3com need to get internet connection using wireless 3com HOW help

Taff36 16:22 30 May 05

Do you have the manual that came with the 3Com wireless modem? Let us know which 3Com model number it is - we can probably download a copy from the 3Com site for our reference.

I assume that you have 2 laptops and both are Windows XP. One laptop already connects to the internet successfully.

The theory is that we need to connect the two laptops and the wireless modem to make a home network. Then, either or both laptops can access the internet. Do you know if there was a network set up for the first laptop and if so what it was called? If you go into windows explorer, my network places>entire network>microsoft windows network and tell us what you see.

icecube_baby 17:05 30 May 05

wireless model is 3com ADSL wireless 11g firewall router WL 54OA main assembly 754G72-A100001.00 YES I HAVE 2 LAPTOPS and both are windows xp and i wish for both to be connected to the internet but only got 1st one connected at presant. did have both connected at one time but 2nd laptop crashed big time so i had to wipe laptop and start again so lost internet connection so need help to get it connected again thank you icecube-baby

Taff36 15:41 02 Jun 05

Start>Control Panel>Network Connection Wizard. Click next. View\the checklist and then press next. If the wizard says it found disconnected network hardware tick the box to ignore disconnected hardware and click next. Select the radio button that says “this computer connects through a residential gateway. Click next and fill in the computer description (e,g, Laptop2 or Bill`s Machine) Leave the Computer Name as it is currently. Click next and type the name of your network exactly as you`ve set up previously. Turn on File and print sharing. Next and check the settings then next again. Wait while the wizard configures settings. Select the create a disk option and put a floppy in the drive.

Follow the instructions and put the disk in the other laptop. Run the file and complete the wizard in the same manner but filling in the correct info for the second laptop.
To see other computers on the network go to network neighbourhood on each machine. Post back and let me know how you get on. I won`t leave it so long this time!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now