SANAP 18:07 27 Nov 08

I had a win98se pc for quite a while but then it broke and I got win xp but I have an old HD on old pc with lots of music on it and over the xmas I will have a bit of spare time so was wondering is their a gadget that will allow me to access the 2 hd drives on old pc and then transfer my files that I want?


  Forum Editor 18:13 27 Nov 08

it's called your current computer. Install the hard drive as a slave, and you'll be able to access the files from Windows XP.

  Fruit Bat /\0/\ 18:24 27 Nov 08

Another method is to buy and external caddy and connect to your new PC via USB. click here

The drive can then be used as external storage or as a backup device.

  cocteau48 19:15 27 Nov 08

click here

I've seen these tested and advertised in the UK computer press .....around £18.00 if I recall.

  Fruit Bat /\0/\ 19:25 27 Nov 08

paid £7 for mine about 2 yrs ago
ideal for a temporay jod but and enclosure is better if going to use the drive more often.

  SANAP 19:37 27 Nov 08

Thats it, many thanks. Too old to be getting behind pc etc,


This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…