Need FREE password lock for USB flash drive

myfoot 12:19 03 Dec 06

The story: Bought Disgo U3 drive. Did'nt like the U3 setup so used official installer to remove it.. Now I've no way of pssword protecting the usb. Have looked at all download sites, unable to find anything . As the usb cost €24 don't want to spend more tha €5 on app to lock it.

SANTOS7 12:24 03 Dec 06

click here
this may help the download seems to be free..

boots2 12:37 03 Dec 06

They are very easy to delete in error if the link from SANTO57 is not what you want send me E-Mail address and I will send a copy its 1.3 meg .

myfoot 12:42 03 Dec 06

Thanks SANTOS57 , but it costs $35. It's a limited trial version, 35 uses then pay. I have a copy of one from a previous USB (Swissbit) but it won't work on this drive(Disgo U3)

SANTOS7 12:55 03 Dec 06

i have downloaded this prog from link i gave you (the link with the green arrow on it) and nowhere does it say the use is limited, there is a FUlL version that you pay for and i think that is the one you have looked at..

myfoot 13:02 03 Dec 06

SANTOS7 """
Q46. Is Folder Lock free or Shareware?
Folder Lock is NOT freeware! It’s shareware, which means 'try before you buy'. We give you a 35-use trial so that you can test the program and check whether it is useful for you or not. If you find it useful and want to keep it for an unlimited number of times without any kind of limitation, register your copy and get a full version downloaded via email in minutes

SANTOS7 13:08 03 Dec 06

I have just used it a couple of times and have not been prompted in any way to upgrade or register or received any message to say how many goes i have left so i'm not sure whats going on..

SANTOS7 13:11 03 Dec 06

Right now i have!!!, so you are right, shame its a nice little prog..

boots2 14:24 03 Dec 06

On its Way.

GaT7 18:21 03 Dec 06

A good freeware one to try is TrueCrypt. To encrypt an entire USB flash drive or only a TrueCrpyt container (on the faslh drive) click here & scroll down to Q: How can I use TrueCrypt on a USB flash drive?

boots2, what program are suggesting? G

GaT7 18:22 03 Dec 06

TrueCrypt link click here.

Correction: boots2, what program are you suggesting? G

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation technologies coming to Siggraph 2017

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5