Need free midi files

montyburns 18:32 13 Apr 03

I am looking for a site to download some simple royalty free MIDI files for use in a presentation. I can find some sites that let me pick and play some quite reasonable stuff, but I can't work how to actually make them download so I can use them when I need them. Any suggestions on good sites for this?

montyburns 18:38 13 Apr 03

ask another...

Just found "partnersinrhyme" which has a fair selection and of course worked out that if I right click a file and choose "save target as" then I can of course download/save

But are there any other good sites?

Also, is it possible to edit these files down with any simple software? (ideally already included on Windows XP)

MAJ 18:39 13 Apr 03

When you find one you like, montyburns, right click the file and choose "save target as", that should save it to your hard drive. Try this one for starters click here but watch out you might not be allowed to use them in a presentation, if you're going to distribute that presentation.

montyburns 18:45 13 Apr 03

Don't worry - presentation is one off work affair only!

Noticed that on this site that if you play the MIDI using whatever very simple player Windows uses (dunno what it is to be honest!) it plays using some pretty dire instruments. If you pause however, then re-start, it defaults to a much nicer piano sound!

BUT if you download, then use Media Player, you can't control the instruments. I have some software I bought years ago (must be 9 years old now) which I could use, but I doubt it'll be XP compatible, even if I did know where I'd put it!!!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Apple Event live stream | Apple October Event live blog: Watch Apple unveil new MacBook Pro, new…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Lida designs a cross-stitch email sent to thousands of Ikea Family members

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: Faster performance, a brighter screen, water-ret…