Need to enter the BIOS

Migwell 07:20 11 Feb 04

I know that the usual method of entering the BIOS during POST is to hit the DEL button but what other methods can you come accross. I have been trying to get into a MEDION computer BIOS but it will not respond by using DEL. The computer in question must be about 5 - 6 years old, I don't know what make the board is. Can anyone help as I was going to Wipe the H/D and put Win XP on it but it it is set to boot from any ware but the CD.

Jester2K 07:27 11 Feb 04

Esc, F4, F5, F10...

Can you open the case and tell us the mobo model?

Diodorus Siculus 07:44 11 Feb 04

Not directly relevant, but if it is 5/6 years old, XP could well grind to a halt on it.

If you don't open the case, get somethink like Aida32 to identify the mobo for you.

Migwell 22:53 11 Feb 04

Thank you both for that. It is a friends computer and I will not see him for a while, so I will keep this on file in the mean time Thanks again.

keith-236785 23:15 11 Feb 04

F2 used to be used quite a lot as well as DEL or DEL then ENTER, whichever it is it should say on screen ie

press esc to enter setup

press del to enter setup

good luck

VoG II 23:20 11 Feb 04

click here**&p_li=

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Microsoft Surface PC release date, price and specs: All-in-one Surface PC to directly rival iMac

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

Apple's event invitations decoded: A look back at 16 of Apple's most cryptic invites | Clues in…