need email provider

jacjay 17:12 02 Oct 07

i need a new email provider. At present I am with fsmail.net but they are not pop3 enabled and am limited to sending 10 emails in a block (I am a mmber of a club and need to send to 40 people at same time).
I opened and paid for an account with mail.com, I tied it free for a few eeks and it was fine so upgraded to non advertised and mail forwardingm, pop3 etc but since I have done that I appear to be receiving no emails at all. I get a copy of emails to my mail.com account sent to my fsmail account so know people are emailing me. Trying to contact their helpdesk is a joke i've sent so many emails I am at my wits end so have decided to look for another account.
Any recommendations?
I need something simple (for hubby!) and one I can use on any computer worldwide. Have a hotmail account but this is not pop3?

birdface 17:27 02 Oct 07

You could try Thunderbird or Incredimail.click here click here . Icredimail is a fun e-mail program and if you want to keep things a bit more serious I would go for Thunderbird.

jacjay 17:31 02 Oct 07

I don't know how but your email reached my mail.com mailbox!!!!!!! the only email i've received in 3 days. will look at thunderbird.

jacjay 17:46 02 Oct 07

I am getting very confused!
Thunderbird looks very much like outlook express to me - isn't this just an email handling programme and not an email provider as in gives me an emil address for people to send emails to me?
Sorry to be a bit dim here!

birdface 11:45 04 Oct 07

Oops Sorry jacjay,I never read your thread properly.You have to send to 40 people at the same time,I am afraid I will need to let someone else give you the advice that you require.And I never sent you an e-mail!! So can't think how that happened.

birdface 11:49 04 Oct 07

I should have added that my e-mail address starts with r--.----y@ ntlworld.---.If it was not that it must have been someone else.

Simsy 11:53 04 Oct 07

pop3 email facilites with your internet access provider?

Regards,

Simsy

snoopygirl 12:00 04 Oct 07

what about windows live messenger

jacjay 12:07 04 Oct 07

my internet access provider is talk talk and yes the do rovide pop3 but i wanted an independant email supplier incase I changed provider in the future. This is why all this has come around - I was with orange and have a .fsnet email account which I am still using and am very happy with however it is not pop3 and unless i physically log onto orange pay as you go service once every 90 days then it ceases to exist. I am shortly going overseas for a few months and will not be able to do this which is why I am looking to sort it now.
thanks for the replies - i am using incredimail at the moment to view emails being sent to my mail.com account and only hope they are all getting passed on. The help desk at mail.com are trying to sort this out.

Simsy 12:44 04 Oct 07

but I'm open to correction, that anyone provides pop3 webmail free of charge.

I suspect all those that provide free webmail will also provide a pop3 service, but at a cost. Again I don't know, but I suspect it's relatively cheap.

Good luck,

Regards,

Simsy

Technotiger 13:20 04 Oct 07

I would advise using and paying for a Hotmail email address. You can then access it anywhere in the World. It only costs £14.99 per year.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How VR is being used to simulate space

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now