Need a DVD player for the PC

TommyRed 11:05 22 Aug 03

Lost my DVD player after having to re-format, anyone know of a decent free one? TR

The Sack 12:01 22 Aug 03

There are no decent free ones as the MPEG2 codec required to play DVDs is not free.

TommyRed 18:57 22 Aug 03

siouxah1 19:05 22 Aug 03

Have you made a search of your driver CD which would have been with your graphics card?

All mine have had a player on it.

Regards Brian j

TommyRed 19:55 22 Aug 03

No, unfortunately I didn't get any discs with this PC and as it was re-formatted after a major problem I didn't have time to save it. Oh well the lad watches his DVD's on his PS2, we've got one under the TV so I don't really need another one if I've got to pay for it. Thanks. TR

TommyRed 20:07 22 Aug 03

Siouxah1, I did a backup of the drivers so it might be there. Can you give us an idea what it may be called and where it might be stored. Thanks. TR

mistagf 20:17 22 Aug 03

If you really need a "freebie".....

No , seriously!

I have a redundant copy of PowerDVD 3.0 which was bundled with an LG DVD Rom drive I bought about 2 years ago , and have never used.

You're welcome to it should you want it!

Not XP compatible though!

LAMINA 21:45 22 Aug 03

Perhaps this may be of interest click here
as it's free!!

TommyRed 22:24 22 Aug 03

LAMINA, thank's for that. I've took mistagf up on his/her offer of the CD-ROM by e-mailing directly to him/her. I've added your link to my favorites in case everything goes pear shaped. TR

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Microsoft Surface Studio PC release date, pricing, design, features and spec: Microsoft showcases…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

Apple Q4 2016 financial results | Apple earnings report: iPhone, iPad and Mac sales down, profits d6…