Need dual voltage laptop needed

RamUK 09:31 07 Aug 05

One that also has an international warranty.

I know that Dell offer international warranties but I currently have a Latitude and I'm not at all impressive. I'm looking for a top end notebook that I can run on either US or UK voltage as I am emigrating in 3 months. I'm not very technical so any advice gratefully received.

Cheers

Diodorus Siculus 09:36 07 Aug 05

As far as I know, all laptops come with power supplies that can be used world wide.

When you say "top end" what do you mean? Desktop replacement, light and ultra portable, or what?

bremner 10:05 07 Aug 05

Have taken my Acer and Sony laptops to US and to France and used them with no problem on the either supply.

As DS says the power leads (transformers) that come with laptops can be used anywhere

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 10:09 07 Aug 05

The power supplies(transformers) for the majority of modern laptops is

Input--110-240V AC 50-60HZ

This covers the voltage system spullied in all western countries.

RamUK 12:42 07 Aug 05

Cheers

Taff36 22:01 07 Aug 05

I recently bought an ASUS laptop on behalf of a friend. It had a 2 year Global warranty included. Check this out. The model I bought click here was about £700 with free carry case included. Very impressive but the processor is battery hungry and realistically only lasts about two and a half hours if you`re watching a DVD or are multiple tasking the windows environment.

Green tick for resolved or do you want more suggestions?

DieSse 22:07 07 Aug 05

If you're emigrating to the USA (?) - get one there - bound to be cheaper, and warranty much less of a problem-

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…