need drivers for Creative Soundblaster Live 5.1

mags100 17:16 25 May 07

hello
I have had to buy a new sound card for my Millenium PC (it had onboard sound which has disappeared). I bought a secondhand Creative Soundblaster Live 5.1 pci card without its drivers. I cannot find any drivers on the web, just updates. Can anyone suggest a site.
(The first card I tried was new wouldn't & work with Millenium).

Diemmess 17:27 25 May 07

Try this
click here

Kingfisher 17:27 25 May 07

Hi mags100 does this help click here

mags100 17:33 25 May 07

sorry both of you (Diemmess & KingFisher), but we have tried this site, downloaded it, but it is just an update (19.5mb download!!!) It needs the initial drivers to be installed before it will update, and I can't find any.

Jackcoms 17:39 25 May 07

Didn't the drivers (on a CD) come with the new sound card?

If not, you might wish to have a 'chat' with the retailer.

Diemmess 17:53 25 May 07

Sorry, is this any better? click here

(The second one down on this page)

Probabilitydrive 18:09 25 May 07

use the CREATIVE forum to locate similar queries like this one click here

and follow the link like this to locate the driver click here

g0nvs 18:11 25 May 07

If you cannot locate the drivers, I can post them on a disc for you if that helps.

g0nvs 18:15 25 May 07

Or even upload to "Rapidshare" if you wish.

mags100 15:15 28 May 07

thanks
found what seemed to be the right driver on DriverGuide (5mb .exe) but sound card still won't work. Got the same problem as when we tried to make the onboard sound work again. The hardware is 'seen' but the software loads but doesn't function.
Is there a setting somewhere which says 'disallow sound' or 'disable soundcard'. We have looked in the BIOS, Control panel etc.

PSF 17:06 28 May 07

Check you have disabled the onboard sound in the BIOS, then go to click here and run the Auto Update. this site is the creative site, the Auto Update will identify your card and download the correct drivers for it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…